Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Note from Tyler in Guyana

Tyler sent us a short write up and provided us with a photo of the bike the members of Orchard City SDA church helped buy for the missionaries in Guyana.


Hello church family!

I'm still working hard here in Guyana, and life is going well. As you can see, I finally got the new motorbike that you, my donors, made possible for Wings for Humanity to receive! It's very nice and new and just right for when I need to run errands or go to the airstrip or do some videography somewhere. Thank you so very much for making it possible, it's going to be of great use for my remaining two months and for future volunteers who work in the area.

The day-to-day life here is pretty much the same (tutoring Jake & Zack Wickwire and helping out in other ways however I can), but currently I've got a little bit of a break from that. Probably right while you're reading this, I'm in the bush with a dental team that came down to work for a week in a couple of different villages. I'm shooting video of the proceedings and I'm going to make another little video update to show you just as soon as I can!

Afterwards we'll spend a few days in Georgetown to get our bearings again, and then it'll be back to Mabaruma for me for the last 6 or 7 weeks of my time here! The months have gone by at a fairly fast rate, and it's hard to believe that soon I'll be back home to share my experiences with you face-to-face!

Once again, thank you all so much for all the love and support you have shown me in many ways. It is all appreciated, and it all makes a huge difference. You guys are awesome, and I can't wait to see you again.

Love,
Tyler Quiring

4 comments:

  1. Jerrie Lou WickwireMarch 14, 2012 at 9:35 PM

    Great work Tyler!! I know you have been a blessing there in Guyana in many ways!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing! Glad to see the bike is being put to good use down there. Wow, I can't believe you're already on the home stretch! Time really flies. Enjoy your last couple months!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved your email and report, Tyler. So interesting to know what all you are involved in. Keep up the good work and soon we will see you here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tyler...It is so nice to receive your reports. As much as we miss you, the job that you are doing is so important and would be nice if you could continue in it. The experiance you are enjoying now...you will carry with you forever and will mold you into the person you will become. We are just so blessed to be able to say you are one of ours. Keep up the good work...make us all proud...and come home safe. Oh and take it easy on that beautiful new bike!!

    ReplyDelete