Tuesday, March 31, 2020

Months Before

I want to share a little story with you to help us all remember how much God cares for us, me in this story.

Bryn was here for my birthday in September and one of the days before she left we went to Superstore to get groceries.   One item I got was laundry soap.  When the cashier totalled the bill and talked to me she said that I was able to qualify for something I could not quite understand.

Both Bryn and I thought she had said another container of the laundry soap so Bryn went to get it.
That was not it though and finally we understood that I was eligible to get a free gift at the service counter.

We went there after bagging the groceries and waited in line to get the gift. 
Once we had it I offered it to Bryn to take home with her but she said she had enough at home, so thank you but I could keep it.

The box went into my laundry room and sat there until a couple of weeks ago.

You might have been in the same position as me and when trying to find Lysol sprays and wipes found empty shelves instead.

After looking a few places I thought I would just use baby wipes which had been available but of course not quite the same as Lysol.

When I got home I my eyes were drawn to  look at the box sitting in my laundry room and  I almost shouted with surprise!!! It was a box of Lysol products!!

What a happy surprise right in my own house. 
My mind - any time I want to feel panicky or over worried- I think of this box - waiting quietly,  from September till March.

God knew my need and looked after me 6 months ahead.

I must praise His name and give Him the thanks for His wonderful way He works in my life.


If you have had a little story you want to share please please please share it to my email address and let's share what God has done and is doing for us.

Remember how much He loves each one of you.

Last evening, when I called my father, I was happy to hear him so excited.  People had been over to his home and  some left him  a lot of groceries and  another a loaf of bread.
It was such a warm feeling that came over me to think of my church family thinking of my dad in this odd time and meeting his needs before he asked for them.

Thank you so so much for the people who have brought him and me fresh homemade cookies also.  Thank you for our friends and neighbours who have brought us groceries and mailed a package to my grandchildren for me and made kind offers to help us out.

Your kindness and generosity are really bright spots in this situation.
The phone calls and texts are very much appreciated too.

I would love to share someone else's story soon.




1 comment:

  1. Awesome story to share - a good one to submit to the women's devotional book. God is truly amazing and looks after us in so many ways that we don't even realize. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete