Saturday, April 20, 2024

Bright Sabbath

 Last Sabbath there was a conference wide Men's Retreat at Camp Hope. 

Not knowing about it I stopped in,  greeted a few men and went inside to use the washroom. 



On returning outdoors I was some what out numbered and was asked if I was one of the cooks, who got high marks. 

A man walked towards me and after saying a pleasant "hello" looked at me and said I know you don't I?  I was sure he did and he gave me a warm hug.  

It was Keith Corbett.

Walking back to my vehicle I was met with a young dentist who had parked beside me. We engaged in a nice conversation and then was mistaken for Pastor Robbie when sitting in the dentists car and Robbie s father in law came outside!

I had seen Pastor Robbie jogging by just before so knew he was there but not in the car... all in all it was an interesting time.

We talked about the new playground that is being put in at Camp Hope between the 0 to 2 building and 3 and 4 building.

Donations are happily accepted. ( actually the donations might be fulfilled by now)   Kandus and Bill are both inquiring on who wants to help out.  Look for the new play area at this years Camp Meeting... such a great addition. 

Looks like the land is cleared and it will soon be started.

Makes me soooo happy.

After surprising my granddaughters and watching them ride bikes we enjoyed the beauty at Harrison Lake.



Harrison Lake area was so pretty this weekend.  The blooming trees and tulips and lake with mountains was beautiful.


On Sunday Sakura Japanese Festival was held in Vancouver at Van Dusen Gardens.  So many attended and parking was hard to find but I found out that Oak Ridge SDA church is nearby AND they have a lovely playground installed between the sidewalk and the front wall with their name on it.



I was very impressed.

So good to see progress and that children s needs are being responded too.


Doug  L sent me this photo and I just love it!

Older people s needs are being met also here within out church family.

My dad has been sick with an infected pressure wound and I was so thankful to see him dressed and wake listening to Liza.  So very grateful to the ones that take time to see my dad... Howard D and Arnie S and Doug and Liza and Bonnie and Doug and Ruby are some.  Others might visit also but don't know.  Pastor Josue came and visited with my dad and had prayer with him also.  So thankful. 

Visiting Gladys B is a really nice occasion too. She is so happy for the little visits. 

Wonder what happened at OCC this Sabbath... 


No comments:

Post a Comment