Thursday, January 19, 2012

Poem - Written by Beverly H.

During Beverly's trip to Hawaii to visit her son and his family last November, she took time to enjoy God's nature. Here's what she wrote about those times:
"Early in the morning I would wake up and 'sneak' out of the sleeping household and head to the beach (about a 17 min walk) - the first rays of morning would light the sky as I was walking and I would be greeted on the beach with an amazing sunrise day after day. See below for the poem I composed during those mornings."
 The pictures were also taken by Beverly during some of those mornings.



KAILUA MORNING SUNRISE by Beverly H.
Kailua, Oahu, Hawaii ~ November 2011

I walked with God the other day
by the gently rolling sea
I watched him paint the morning sky
brilliant colours - just for me.

We wandered on as the day grew bright
Watched the waves reflect the sun
And I marveled at God's wondrous love
As a new day had begun.

I thanked Him for His presence
I felt He held me by my hand
and I enjoyed each precious moment
as we walked barefoot in the sand.

I've read the Bible stories
how he came to earth as man
Born in a humble stable
here to fill redemptions plan.

What a thrill to humble Shepherds
as they heard those Angels sing
Knowing Heaven was rejoicing
as they welcomed Christ our King.

I've marvelled at His wondrous grace
his death upon that tree
That simple folks like you and me
might live eternally.

As I walked back home mid the wakening world
I heard 'Seasonal' Music play
And I felt sad that many folks today
forget the Christ in Christmas Day.

The sky was clouding over
and as gentle rain began
I prayed I might always have faith
To share our Saviour's plan.

The sky grew dark behind me
some threatening clouds did roll
Then in the sky, a rainbow
this promise warmed my soul.

I knew that God, no matter what
has us ever in His care.
And He will always listen
When we go to Him in Prayer.

So let's help keep Christ in Christmas
Lets be faithful to the end.
May we all be filled with Christian love
knowing Jesus as our friend.


2 comments:

  1. Beautiful poem and pictures, Beverly! Thank you so much for sharing them with us!

    ReplyDelete