Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Sabbath, September 22nd, 2012

We had a Communion Sabbath at Orchard City SDA Church on September 22. Pastor Bob sent in a summary sermon snippet to share on the blog.
When it comes to communion," It's all about Family." It's not ritual, it's family. That was the title of our communion Sabbath sermon. My own family reunion impressed that upon me. It's about being together, eating together, laughing together and telling stories together. We did that Sabbath around the table of Jesus. I can't wait to eat and drink with Jesus in Heaven. ~ Pastor Bob Tetz
Checking the wheat kernels on the farm
The Stettler old-time steam train with the family
My family (left to right): Louanne, me (Bob), Emmett, Alberta, and Wilfred

Thanks for giving us a short recap of your sermon on this Sabbath, Pastor Bob.
Here are a few photos from the rest of the morning at OCC.

Communion Table all set
First time AJ is serving
Deaconess
All part of the family.

5 comments:

  1. Wonderful sermon summary! I love the idea of communion being all about family! I love and miss my OC church family so much. Thank you for sharing what's going on at our church through this blog. It means so much to me! Wonderful pictures of a beautiful service, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. So nice to have the sermon summary with photos.
      Miss you too, a whole bunch.
      Thanks for writing.

      Delete
  2. Nice to read about the communion Sabbath. It is like going through it again. Good job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. AJ did a great job for us, so young and handsome and the little lady in red was pretty stunning too. So nice to have our church FAMILY.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for posting Glenda...

    ReplyDelete