Sunday, November 30, 2014

Sabbath, November 29, 2014

It was a very chilly day outside, but inside our church it was full of warmth and worship.

Glenda had the adult Sabbath School because it was the fifth Sabbath and after a short song service with Don leading the singing and Bonnie playing the piano,  we had "We Have This Hope" for Opening Song and then prayer.

A short welcome story was followed by a Spotlight in Missions.

Then there was another story that was told in brief form but you can read the longer version here. http://www.heavensinspirations.com/thankful-for-thorns.html

Thank God for the thorns?  Do they really make the bright, happy parts of our lives more precious?

Different people got up to share their cardboard Thankful signs and it was so interesting and wonderful to read what each one thought of during the week.

Thank you all for taking part in our Sabbath School program.

Someone was very creative and made their sign a meaningful triangle.  Thank you very much for your participation. 

This thank you is so great and the small print at the bottom is even better..." and my cool son", it says.  Wonder who added that on? 

It is difficult to only say one thing to be so thankful for.

I think we all agree with Julie!! Children are such a wonderful gift from God.  We are so thankful to have each child that comes to Orchard City SDA church. 

Her cup is full to over flowing with Thanksgiving!!

Edith made a very creative sign too that flipped over to reveal four different words telling of her thankfulness.  

I added mine too as so many people have shared comforting words and gestures in this past year since my very wonderful mum died.  I am not sure how I would manage  with out all of your kindness, care and prayers.  His comforting words are precious to me. 

So great to see all of these signs of Thanksgiving. 

God and Friends.... 
Yay!! We are so very happy to have these young people in a new class at Orchard City.  Thank you to the leader, Cherri.
It is so exciting to see church meeting the needs of our growing children. 

Their art work so nicely displayed. 
Linda told an excellent story to the children and gave them all a set of emotion cards to go with the story. 

Pastor Justis Saint Hillaire had our church service and it was excellent.  I saw Vicki writing careful notes so maybe  she will fill in this brief summary.

The Title was ~ Heart Transplant

Key Texts ~ Jeremiah 17:1

Broken Hearts  and Broken Relationship with God

Question ~ Have you ever had a broken heart experience?

Our hearts can mislead us.
Jeremiah 31:27-34

We need heart surgery ~ Jeremiah 24:7, Jeremiah 31:3 and 4, Isaiah 54:5

We are the Lamb's Bride
We are Christ's Bride

5  ~ I  Wills
1) I will make a new covenant
2) I will put my law in their hearts
3) I will be their God
4) I will forgive their sins
5) I will remember their sins no more

Every heart needs the loving arms of Jesus.

Pastor Saint Hillaire - thank you for coming to OCC. 

Planning... Thank you Ruby. 

Skating soon? Looks pretty nice. 

Those paper air planes are sure swift. 

The girls photo bomb the plane!!!

1 comment:

  1. Appreciated your recap of the days events - I'm sorry I was away for this Sabbath.

    ReplyDelete