Friday, April 25, 2014

A Sabbath in Kaua'i, Hawaii - April 19th, 2014

If anyone visits another church, please share some of your stories and photos about that church and visit, if you do not mind.
It is so interesting to see other places and how they worship.

Here is a little peek into the time we spent in Hawai'i when we were not at OCC.

We drove past this place several times, and despite it being well-marked with signs, we did not notice it at as a church.
Around the fencing this beautiful church was sitting. We enjoyed the open sides of the sanctuary
that let in the lovely breeze. There were also many ceiling fans inside too.
A lovely bouquet a lady brought to share with everyone at church.
She said some flowers were from her garden and some she bought and added.
I always enjoy seeing stained-glass windows. This one was very pretty and yet it was not distracting.
I was trying to find and take a picture of a rainbow a day.
This day I found this one in church and then more when we drove up the canyon.
The children took delight at taking up the children's offering, just like they do at OCC.
They went through each row one after the other and people kept on dropping in money.
I am not sure how many pineapples these men cut up for our fellowship meal dessert, but it was very very tasty.
He is adding to the dish not taking some out!!
We enjoyed rice two ways, interesting and different greens cooked with sauce, vegetables, and casseroles and salads.
Nick and Stacy from Tyler's UCA class.

Just before the sermon part of the church service all the guests were invited to stand and tell who they were and where they were from and also what church they went too at home. This young man stood up and said he was from Hayden Lake, Idaho and was visiting his friend there on Kaua'i.

Since my friend lives in Hayden Lake and goes to church there, I went back to talk to him and ask if he knew Trudy. He said he had seen her a couple of times and then I asked his name. When he said he was Nick M... I was surprised. I asked if he knew Tyler Quiring. He said, "Oh, yes. I went to school with him." Then he asked me how I knew Tyler. I explained I was Tyler's mum. We both were shocked to meet each other way over here. He was visiting this young lady who told me she was also in Tyler's UCA graduating class. I remembered her a bit then too.

We had a very nice chat and it was so nice to see Nick (I remember praying for him a few years ago when he had his serious car accident driving home from WWC?) and Stacy, too. Nick had recently shaved his hair off for Locks of Love. What a great guy, eh?

While I had been outside at the break between SS and church Don told me someone came to speak to him. It was Pastor Peter Ford who used to Pastor in Oliver area. He was there with his wife Vicki. It was great to visit with him also. A number of other visitors were present and it was really nice to get to know them, too.

We enjoyed the beautiful colours of the flowers during the meal, too.

4 comments:

  1. What nice photos - and such a great story "small world" and Oooh the flowers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for letting us know that you do enjoy seeing a peek into a difference church one Sabbath.
      The flowers were really so vibrant and beautiful.

      Delete
  2. Looks like a very nice Sabbath in a different place! Thank you for sharing these pictures and stories of your time in Hawaii!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was not sure if OCC people would be interested in this Sabbath visit but thanks for letting me know you do enjoy seeing it.

      Delete