Monday, April 28, 2014

Ken and Ruthie T. in Guatemala...

Ken and Ruthie are back in town.
They have been away to somewhere nice and warm.

Here are a few photos from their time away.

Doing bush dentistry in Guatemala in March 2014
Dr. T. helping someone feel better.
Mayan women in Guatemala. There are 21 distinct tribes of Mayan in Guatemala,
each with their distinct dialect and pattern of cloth in their skirts.
Ruthie helped at the school at Los Pinos, an orphanage in Guatemala.

Thank you very much for sharing these pictures with us!
It is very interesting to see a few things you do when you are away.

4 comments:

  1. Thank you for the pictures from Guatemala! What a blessing to go and to share talents!
    The fabric on the four women's, skirts I assume, are very interesting plus the shawls for carrying items, all lovely colors.
    Jerrie Lou

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I just loved to see this blog post! Thank you so much for sharing what you both were up to in March. I especially loved to see the children at Los Pinos. I worked at their receiving center in Guatemala City in the first part of 2006. I wonder if any of the children I knew there are at the main orphanage now? Thanks again for sharing your pictures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, I am trying to help a friend find their birth parents and she was adopted from Los Pinos in 2002 in Guatemala City. We’re having a hard time finding any information since they closed years ago. Just wondering if you had any connections that could point us in the righ5 direction. Thanks

      Delete
  3. Thanks for sharing - reminds me of my times in the Philippines - love the little ones in 'uniform'!

    ReplyDelete