Monday, September 24, 2012

A Nice Surprise!

A Little Visit to the Summerland Experimental Farm ~ Sunday, September 23rd, 2012

Don and I set out towards a certain destination but on the way made a quick decision to stop in first at the Experimental Farm in Summerland. What a good choice that was for me!

We saw the old steam train come and go on the big bridge, the train cars full of picture-taking people. Hearing the chuff-chuff-chuff was a pleasant sound too.


Then the gardens of flowers, many with their own bee or spider on them, needed to be explored.


The park ranger came to tell me that a mother bear and her two 6 month old cubs were very close, so we started to drive off. What a great surprise to find them all in a big tree just past the apple orchard where they had been feeding.

Finding a good place to rest
Mumma and one cub
She had to reposition herself for a little more rest with both twin cubs above her

It was a lovely day.

What a beautiful squirrel, just sitting and waiting for me to take his picture!

6 comments:

  1. Awww, great pictures of a nice day for you two! I loved to see these. The train is neat, the flowers are so pretty and the bears are fun to see. The squirrel is definitely my favourite picture, though. So cute!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, i love the last photo too. the bears were a nice treat to see. fun how God made all of creation to remind us of Him.

      Delete
  2. Oh Glenda I'm so glad you love your "work" what great shots - we forget how fortunate we are to live here amongst the grandeur.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a priviledge to observe God's nature and notice so many little things. He is an amazing Creator!!
      Thanks for having a look and taking the time to comment.

      Delete
  3. I just love the squirrel,spider,and the bug. P.S. wow you're brave...
    P.P.S. God saw you and must have protected you from those bears.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for looking at the blog post and for your comment too.
      I know God watches over all of us and loves us so much.
      I get very close to the spiders and bees when I take their pictures but they never seem to bother with me.

      Delete